With only a few days left in the first real month of spring, I’m beginning to get anxious for the summer months and what they will bring. Yup, Sweet April, I’m ready to kiss you goodbye!
Kissing April goodbye means welcoming May with open arms and to celebrate I’m going to chat all about April and a little about what the next month brings. So grab yourself a coffee – or drink of choice – and get real nice and cozy. 🙂
This April has been a month of friends, family, decisions, and change. I started the month with wintry weather in the mountains, enjoying the hot springs with friends. I got a whole week with my mother,
baby sister, her fiancee, and my 10 month old niece. It looks like I’ll be ending the month with wintry weather and home renovation projects.
My biggest complaint about April is that Winter is still here!
Seriously, I would like to enter May with some sunshine. And I also wouldn’t mind breaking out my sundresses and sandals for more than just a day here and there. But I digress… let’s talk a little about what I have loved this April.
My April Favorites
- This song! Actually, I am loving everything by the Chainsmokers right now. The music is just so upbeat and catchy… it just makes me want to dance.
- My high-wasited Levis! I can’t get enough of this look and I hope the “mom jean” style is here to stay!
- These blogs – Helene in Between ← I’m pretty sure Helene is the girl everyone wants to be friends with and she’s got just about everything on her blog. She writes about it all so seamlessly, if anyone has “lifestyle” blog down to a science, it’s this gal! A Balancing Peach ← Kelsey writes about everything beauty, life and balance! Her blog is beautiful and her photography is one-of-a-kind. I’ve been following her since she started and I always love her posts! And she really is just the sweetest!
- Podcast – Inside Psycho It’s been a good 10 years or so since I’ve seen Psycho but I got really into Bates Motel and this podcast is killing it!
- Speaking of Bates Motel… I’m totally into it and beyond sad it’s over. I do like the way it ended though. Sometimes when I get really invested in a series the finale just disappoints, this one did not. Do I have any Bates fans out there?! What did you think about that finale?
- Targets Spring/Summer scented candles – I love this Citrus Sorbet one, but I am also a big fan of their new spring collection, the Happy Thoughts one in particular. I can’t find those online but they are on the end cap near the candles at my local Target.
- Pagosa Springs – This was my first time soaking in the hot springs and I really wish we had some a lot closer to us here in Colorado Springs. BTW the spa was also amazing and super affordable compared to a lot of other mountain town spas.
- Family time – Yup, seeing my family was the highlight of my month. They live in Maryland and I live in Colorado, the time we get to spend together is few and far in-between. And I miss them all, but especially my sweet baby niece. Isn’t she just the cutest?!? ↓
- Cute Fruit and veggie accessories – Going into the nutrition field has me scouting out cute food everything. I would love to decorate my office with fun touches of food accessories. So far I’ve only scored a few cute notebooks from Target but I can’t wait to get my hands on more.
Before I go, I’d also like to chat a little bit about the up and coming month of May. May is looking like it is going to be a great month for me. We’ve got a few home renovation projects coming up, a visit from some sweet friends, AND a trip to my favorite place in the world! Yup, we’re headed to Crested Butte for a few days over Memorial Day weekend!
A little more detail about May
- New couches! – Yup, we’ve finally bit the bullet and bought ourselves some new furniture. We got a great deal on a couch and love seat set from West Elm. And since I don’t want to spoil which ones we went with you’ll just have to wait for their debut in mid-May.
- New couches = mini living room makeover. More detail on that later!
- The start of a bathroom/laundry room remodel – If you’ve been following me for awhile than you know that we (read: my sweet husband) tore a bathroom out a few months after we bought this house. The original plan was to reno a bathroom from scratch ourselves BUT let’s just say we know our limits. We’ve decided to hire out the work to a contractor, which will allow us to get a beautiful custom bathroom and bring our washer and dryer upstairs from the basement. Here’s a little sneak peek at our inspiration board, via none other than Pinterest…
- Simple “mudroom” updates – When you first walk into our house you basically step into a inside porch area. It’s great and horrible all at the same time. I love it because you don’t step directly into the living room BUT I hate it because it’s hideous. I’m talking ORANGE-ish shag carpet, peeling paint, green molding, brown ceiling, dirty walls… HIDEOUS! We’ve put off doing anything with that little space because long-term we really aren’t sure if we will keep it or if it’s destined to be a true front porch. BUT after a year, we just know that it really needs a little makeover. It’s the first space people see when they come over and it really just needs to make a better impression. So goodbye hideous mudroom…
- A visit from some sweet friends that also involves a trip to Crested Butte! It’s not fun to have guests at your house for four days in the middle of a bathroom renovation. So, we are headed to the mountain for a few of those days and I couldn’t be more excited. I’ve yet to see Crested Butte in the spring and I am hoping for a mix of wildflowers and snow-capped mountains. But I’ll honestly take that place anyway I can get it, it is heaven on Earth.
- Oh, and we are finally having our “mature” trees cut down. I love them, but after windstorms and heavy snowstorms it’s very apparent that having big trees so close to our house is a risky and dangerous insurance claim waiting to happen. I’m sad to see them go, but I also can’t wait for them to be gone at the same time.
Whew, I sure can chat about what’s going on in my life, huh?!
Go ahead and tell me a little something about your April favorites or you upcoming May to even in out a little. I would love to know what y’all are up to!